Flood season is upon us
Flooded building, took on 12 inches of water
1. Flash floods can bring walls of water 10 to 20 feet high.
2. Floods are the most widespread natural disaster aside from wildfires.
3. In preparation for a flood, stock up on first aid items such non-perishable foods, water batteries, and personal hygiene necessities.
Benefect:Use the best antimicrobial
Benefect kills over 99.995 of bacteria
Commercial building flooded
Over 50,000 square foot building flooded. SERVPRO of Sharpstown was up to the task.
5 story condo
Houston 5 story condo
Pipe broke on 5th floor of this condo. SERVPRO of Sharsptown was called out to clean up the aftermath. Superintendent was very happy that the condo was done effeciently and they were able to close the sale on time.
What to do before help arrives
1.Shut off source of water
2. Remove as much excess water as possible.
3. Put blocks under wet furniture.
4. Hang bottom of draperies with coat hangers to avoid contact with wet floor.
5. Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
6. Put furniture up on blocks.
Before we arrived
Car went in to drive instead of reverse, ran in to garage. Broke water pipe.